Exclusive Furniture - Im so dissapointed

3.5
Style and Design

when we moved into our home we were so excited that we had found the perfect sofa the jonathan luis collection. well three months into this purchase id returned to the store and alerted our salemans gerald that the cushions were no good and had gone flat after 3 months.

he assured me that this would be taken care of and he had me send an email to the manufactures of this product from the store on you guys computer but i have yet to hear anything from Gerald or the manufacture. needless to say we are disappointed and this sofa has become an eyesore but we spent to much money on it to throw it away.

so with that being said i will never buy another piece of furniture from exclusive because the product is not of good quality. and neither is the response of the the sale mans.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: replace the cushions .

I liked: Sofa.

I didn't like: Damaged product couldnt be delivered, This was the second sofa that the delivered fyi.

Comments

Has your issue been resolved? Gerald helped me at the humble location as well he seems to be kind and helpful

to Anonymous #1539901

no my issue has not been resolved and we are supposed to have a 3 year warranty on this sofa still nothing from the store or gerald.....

i didnt give these people 4 stars. i noticed that there are 4 and decided to leave a message, truth be told if i could have given them negative stars i would have.

to Anonymous #1539903

amen and i didnt give them 3.5 so this shows you that someone can simply go in and change your view point on something that you were clearly not hapy with should be illegal. if i could of gave them a negative star trust me i would have...

View more comments

Jonathan Louis Furniture - Sofa that started falling apart after 8 weeks from for Jonathan Louis Intl.

I purchased 2 Jonathan Louis sofas from Macys. I really liked the style, I loved the color, and I thought they were great.

They were just under $1000, each. Not exorbitant, but not cheap either. They were delivered a few weeks later, and looked awesome. The after a couple weeks the buttons started popping off of the cushions.

The heads were separating from the bases. Discouraging to say the least. We kept trying to put them back, but it got worse and worse. To the point we could not even sit on them without one popping off.

I called Macys to speak with the woman who sold them to us, and she looked it up and said they had been having many complaints about the same thing from other customers, she ordered new cushions from different manufacturing location and she assured me it would be better. New cushions came, and after a few weeks the same exact story. Buttons popping off. So we tried to resolve it ourselves by twisting them on, over and over, even trying super glue!

Nothing worked. I called Macys again, and she informed me unfortunately as I was a couple months over one year, they no longer could help but I should call Jonathan Louis Intl. directly. Which I did!

I spoke with Cythia Valdes in customer service, and told her the experience I had had with the buttons. She explained to me that was a fabric issue which they did not cover after one year. (Conveniently for them, of course) They do have a 4 year warranty for manufacturing, but I was told that the buttons falling apart for the ENTIRE life of the couches was definitely not a manufacturing issue. It was fabric.

Not satisfied with that answer she then passed me along to her supervisor Brandee Reyes who basically said the same. I asked several time to explain how this was a fabric issue, and not a manufacturing issue and she, of course, had no plausible explanation. She ignored me asking every time, because as we all are aware and any person with an IQ higher than a Triscuit Cracker has the common sense to know that this is ABSOLUTELY a manufacturing & quality control problem. One that Jonathan Louis refused to stand behind.

So now my $1000 sofas look like $99 Discount Store POS sofas, after a couple months. I guess the next time I am heading to JoyBird.com At least they stand behind their products!

Gardner White Furniture - Swindlinding Customers for Additional Fees

Gardner White is shady. I had a sofa delivered, the delivery team members did not even attempt to take the sofa off the truck but advised I would have to incur a 150.00 service fee to have the sofa disassembled.

I paid the cost, the sofa was re-delivered and disassembled, not even a year later I moved from the location in which the sofa was delivered, without no effort, no dis-assembly the couch was removed. I contacted Gardner White for a refund of the erroneous fee and they advised sorry but Oh well in a nut shell.

It is just customer service to not even try to resolve this matter. Essentially you stole money from me and charged a fee that I NEVER had to incur.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jonathan Louis Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality, poor customer service, essential damaged product and out of 150.00.

I liked: Just pissed.

I didn't like: Jeff ballards customer service skills.

Lincoln Park, Michigan, United States #1226810

They nothing but a buncha scammers!!!

to Anonymous Ladson, South Carolina, United States #1229520

Right, well he's in this position for a reason. He could hv said we will give you 10% off of your next purchase or sent someone out to repair my couch to "look" like new.

I will never buy from there again!

Jeff, you are full of it as a customer service manager. You have reported that you apologize for any frustration and or inconvenience but haven't offered a solution.

As stated your team swindled me out of this cost. Whether it was 1 year and a 1/2 ago or 18 years. I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A DIS-ASSEMBLY FEE as the item easily when out of the same door your team of individuals said it would not fit. Then to add insult to injury you see the pictures of the "dis-assembly" Horrible!!

I am not a professional re-upholster but I could have did a better job and yet not one time as a CUSTOMER SERVICE Manager did you try to remedy this situation AT ALL. YOU ARE A BAD PERSON and I will NEVER buy FURNITURE FROM GARDNER WHITE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous Lincoln Park, Michigan, United States #1226812

I couldn't agree more about Jeff. Hes extreamly unhelpful, he's rude on the phone, he's a liar as well.

Very disapointing. He does NOT deserve that job!

Dear Gardner White consumer,

We do apologize our records show you took delivery in 2014. We do apologize if you feel you were charged for something you should not have been charged for.

We are unable to refund this fee from 2014 as this goes to a contractor for the service.

This is what was explained when you contacted our corporate office. We do apologize for any frustration and or inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jeff Ballard

View more comments

Star Furniture - Jonathan Louis Furniture Sofa Review from Houston, Texas

I will NEVER purchase from Star Furniture ever in my lifetime. To start, the furniture is of poor quality and smelled just awful.

I tried reporting it to get a replacement but in the end I didn't even bother because I already had a prior replacement due to a broken braclet on the sofa at delivery. Bottom line, this store has sunken to new lows over time.

I feel my time and money will be better served elsewhere. I hope they remove me from their mailing list too!

Comments

They were just under $1000, each. Not exorbitant, but not cheap either.

They were delivered a few weeks later, and looked awesome. The after a couple weeks the buttons started popping off of the cushions. The heads were separating from the bases.

New cushions came, and after a few weeks the same exact story. Buttons popping off. So we tried to resolve it ourselves by twisting them on, over and over, even trying super glue! Nothing worked.

directly. Which I did! I spoke with Cythia Valdes in customer service, and told her the experience I had had with the buttons. She explained to me that was a fabric issue which they did not cover after one year.

(Conveniently for them, of course) They do have a 4 year warranty for manufacturing, but I was told that the buttons falling apart for the ENTIRE life of the couches was definitely not a manufacturing issue. It was fabric. Not satisfied with that answer she then passed me along to her supervisor Brandee Reyes who basically said the same. I asked several time to explain how this was a fabric issue, and not a manufacturing issue and she, of course, had no plausible explanation.